JOB ID #: 13268
SENIOR PROGRAM COORDINATOR
77 James Street North Suite 400, City Centre
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 Full-Time Temporary
UNION/NON-UNION: Non Union Mgmt Professional
HOURS Of WORK: 35.00 per week
SALARY/HOUR: $41.184 - $48.167 per hour
*Note: See appropriate Collective Agreement or the Non Union Salary Range for details.
STATUS/LENGTH: Full-Time Temporary
*Note: This vacancy is for a period of up to 12 months due to a special project.
Job Description ID #: 6022
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Senior Program Coordinator is responsible for assisting the Senior Project Manager, and periodically Parks Superintendent with the planning and tactical coordination of parks programs within the section.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge of the theories and practices of maintenance with related experience acquired through a University/College degree/diploma or Certification in Landscape Architecture, Engineering Technologist or Technician, Resource or Environmental Management, in related fields is required or progressive related experience in operations and maintenance practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with Superintendents, Supervisors and management staff, suppliers and contractors, internal and external clients, BIAs and the general public in both written and verbal form.
- Demonstrated experience in developing budget estimates.
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous learning to maintain current knowledge of legislation, issues, technologies and best practices related to Divisional operations.
- Must possess excellent writing, communication, organizational and diplomacy skills.
- Experience and the ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks/assignments in order to meet deadlines, and control/monitor financial requirements of the job.
- Must possess a valid Class G Ontario Drivers Licence and provision of a vehicle for use on the job.
Be advised that Human Resources frequently audits resumes of internal/external applicants to ensure/validate information provided is consistent and trustworthy. Falsification of information provided at any time throughout the recruitment process may be grounds for disqualification, and for internal applicants, subject to discipline up to and including termination.
The City is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Consistent with our Values and Corporate Culture Pillars, the City of Hamilton is committed to providing equitable treatment to all with respect to barrier-free employment and accommodation without discrimination. The City will provide accommodation for applicants in all aspects of the hiring process, up to the point of undue hardship. If you have an accommodation need, please contact Human Resources as soon as possible to make appropriate arrangements.
We invite you to visit the departmental webpage to obtain further information on the culture and business of this department.
The incumbent shall comply with all Health and Safety Policies and Practices for this position and the workplace.
It is the responsibility of the applicants to ensure that their application reaches Human Resources by the closing date or they may not be considered. It is also the responsibility of applicants to supply qualifications, licences and related experience relevant to the qualifications outlined above for this competition as directed. On the basis of the criteria set out above, this posting is open to all applicants.
The statements made by me are true, complete and correct to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any falsification of statements, misrepresentations, deliberate omission or concealment of information may be considered just cause for discipline, up to and including termination for internal applicants and disqualification for external applicants.
Please apply on or before: 2017-11-22